The New Zealand bird season is split into two; a two month season for Canadian geese and paradise ducks in February and March, and the main game bird season, which starts on the first Saturday in May and runs through to the end of July.
Our New Zealand based bird shooting is done on the South Island in the picturesque coun tryside of the South Canterbury area, and around the snow capped Hammer Springs region.
Crisp cold mornings and chilly New Zealand nights are comfortably spent in cozy, warm farm stay accommodation with true country hospitality and hearty home cooked meals where you can relax and unwind after a long days hunting.
WHAT TO BRING
The layered clothing principle works best in New Zealand's changeable climate. Polar fleece garments are preferred but wool or cotton is also acceptable. Hunting camouflage is a good choice and will assist in the hunt.
- Waterproof rain gear
- Light pair of hiking boots
- Waders or rubber boots are optional. Hip waders if you have them
- Polar fleece shirts and pants or camo if possible
- Casual wear for travel & evenings
- Warm gloves
- Warm hat
- Small daypack for wet weather gear
- Soft gun slip for vehicle transport
- Face mask recommended
For your tailor made safari, contact us.